Right from university students to working professionals every men owns shirts in their wardrobe. You can always make a smart statement with these wardrobe essentials. It is interesting to note that shirts were used as inner garments in medieval times. They were plain and not dyed. Shirts with fancy frills at the neck and cuff area were popular through the 18th century. Coloured shirts began to make an appearance in the 19th century, but were still considered casual and not classy. By the early 20th century, formal shirts for men became mainstream and accepted as garments of class.
Here is a list of interesting patterns in shirts for men that you can check out:
- Dress to impress at work; make sure you include a crisp white garment in your formal shirts for men. Buy a solid white shirt with a button placket and spread collar. Pair it up with black trousers, leather derbies and a smart black watch. You can even wear a blazer and tie along with this for an official meeting.
- Bengal stripes lie at the bolder end of the spectrum in stripes. These formal shirts for men have stripes which are about one-fourth of an inch thick. Opt for a young and sharp look in your new job dressed in a white and charcoal grey Bengal-stripe shirt with a semi-cutaway collar. Pair it up with dark grey trousers, a brown belt and brown brogues.
- If you are not the one for bold, checked shirts, you can choose formal shirts for men with micro checks. Make a business presentation and impress everyone dressed in a red and white checked shirt with a black collar; wear the shirt with a pair of black trousers. Finish your look with a blazer and oxfords.
- Opt for the pleasant vibe of floral-print formal wear shirts for men. For your next night-out party, select a brown floral shirt with a spread collar and a curved hem. Wear it with dark brown cuffed trousers and boat shoes. Jackets would help increase your style quotient.
Brands play an interesting role in choosing best fit and style for your personality. Check list of top 10 men shirt brands in India below:
BlackBerrys is an Indian brand owned by Mohan Clothing Co. Pvt. Ltd. mainly caters to Men clothing & accessories. Brand itself introduced in 1991 and keeping itself as elite wear brand for men since then. The shirts offered by Blackberry has quality fabric and fit they provide is just the right one you’d like to boast off. Blackberry has been a key player in Indian clothing since the year 1991. BlackBerrys provide Shirts in different fits like Slim Fit, Smart Fit, Trim Fit and so on.
Arrow has an elegant and sophisticated collection. The material is so soft, comfortable and skin-friendly. You’ll even find great styles and designs in Arrow. It has a history of its own, Started in the year 1851 the brand is a part of Philips Van Heusen Corporation. The brand is trying to make shopping as affordable with the best quality possible for that price.
3. Louis Philippe - Rise above the Rest
Louis Philippe is a premier Indian brand of men's apparel. It is a brand of Madura Fashion & Lifestyle, a division of the Aditya Birla Group. Buttoned-up in exuberance, dress for excellence are key focusses n style essentials. Leisure lunch, wine tasting, classic attire, unparalleled comfirt and timeless style - it hav it all, from fabric to colors and so does comfirt to elegance. For the discerning gentlemen with an eye for style, it offers clothings in the finest of quality. LP is a premium brand intended for the upper class as it's clothing tastes are very classy and soothing , and will definitely ask you to prefer this brand as it's product speaks for itself
4. Raymond (Ready-To-Wear)
It is a premium formal wear brand which is postioned to offer classic garments with impeccable fits and inviting styles to the Global Indian. Needless to say that the product is made only from premium Raymond fabrics.
5. Peter England
Great quality, Less price. Great collection and most of the time discounts too. Average price starts from - 900 INR.
6. Allen Solly
ALLEN SOLLY is a less expensive brand with vibrance in it's clothing range it's for the younger ones. Allen Solly is among the fastest shirt brand in India. The company is a part of Madura Fashion & Lifestyle. Allen Solly is owned by Aditya Birla Fashion and Lifestyle. The brand is trying to make shopping as affordable with the best quality possible for that price. The brand features some great styles for each and every section of age. The shirts by Allen Solly is no less as it is a favorite brand among many.
7. Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger, founded in 1985, 18 years after Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren, together represent heritage Americana fashion, which however lacks the socioeconomic significance, exclusivity, legacy, and influence European luxury brands have accomplished. Tommy Hilfiger’s collections are classic American preppy, a style that has gradually lost its appeal and market share to contemporary and tailored offerings. Tommy Hilfiger also has a brand for tailored clothing known as Tommy Hilfiger Tailored. Therefore in case if you are looking for a list with the name of the top Men’s Shirt brands in India, this is where you can stop your search.
8. United Colors of Benneton
If you are looking for classic black, white, and grey colors or play it up by flaunting shirts in bright blue, pink, and green colors you need to checkout United Color of Benneton. Formal shirts from this brand are just amazing. The shirts are a statement and fashionable. If you want to pull off something classy you need to try United Color of Benneton brand.
9. Peter England
Indian brand but a aood option for formal wear. They have a permium segment which give some really good quality office clothes. Its an Indian label owned by Madura. Value priced, formal wear and given a foreign country name to establish a international fame to it. The brand also has casuals range now. Over all value for money brand.
Roadster has been there in the market from a couple of years and has been offering great styles to its customers. If you are looking for a great casual shirt at a cheap price then this may be your best bet. Roadster is a stand-alone brand which was actually conceived by Myntra. Since its inception, the brand has made its name in the market. If you ask any online shopper then he/she may tell you about the great quality they offer at great prices. The brand has made a haul over the market and is a tough contender both in terms of pricing, style, and value for money.
Shirts are quite versatile when worn the right way. Here are some style suggestions on how to wear shirts for different occasions:
- Plaid or checked shirts for men can be worn in a number of ways to achieve both casual and formal looks. Simply pair them up with jeans and loafers for a summer outing.
- Denim shirts for men are classics which shall always remain trendy. Make your own casual statement with a long denim shirt with folded up sleeves, along with dark coloured jeans.
- Linen is great fabric and you all may not think of this fabric. Although, when the heat is high and the weather outside just burns this is the fabric that can rescue you. Linen is very light and comfortable to wear. It is often being offered in various colors and patterns so you can choose your favorite and get at least one for the coming summers.